Parallel Accounting Standards / New GL
- Solution:SAP ERP
Level:Details, Configuration & Transaction
- explain why parallel accounting is needed
- understand the two different ways supported by SAP, for mapping parallel valuations
- configure important topics of both the accounts and ledger approaches to parallel valuation
- describe significant examples in which parallel values occur and demonstrate them in the SAP ERP application
- fulfill reporting requirements, e.g. segment reporting (=> IFRS 8)
- understand the (technical) steps/projects needed to be done to run an ECC6.0 system with activated new G/L
- People with good SAP Financial Accounting knowledge who want to learn about handling Parallel Accounting with the SAP ERP
- People responsible for implementing a parallel valuation/accounting, e.g. because IFRS and/or US-GAAP and/or a tax valuation will be needed in the future
- SAP Consultants and Auditors in the area of SAP ERP Financials without experience in parallel valuation projects
- Good understanding of processes & configuration in SAP ERP Financial Accounting
- Familiarity with the new general ledger, e.g. attendance ofAC210
- Basic knowledge in local and international accounting principles
Course based on software release
- SAP ERP 6.0 with Enhancement Package 7
- Understand the basics regarding the mapping of parallel valuation/accounting in the SAP ERP application.
- Describe, configure and operate the accounts solution on the basis of some typical business examples.
- Understand, configure and operate the ledger solution (within new G/L) on the basis of some typical business examples.
- Configure the system to fulfill typical reporting requirements for international valuation standards.
- Get a short overview of (additional) topics/processes which can be affected by parallel valuation.